[PVE-User] Several issues with gluster as storage.

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Mon Jan 27 17:55:43 CET 2014

Hi,

I solved the XFS issue for GlusterFS and NFS here: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/17462-SOLVED-Linux-NFS-or-GlusterFS-Server-not-creating-sparse-files?highlight=nfs+glusterfs

Gerald

----- Original Message -----

From: "Angel Docampo" <adocampo at dltec.net>
To: "Leslie-Alexandre DENIS" <infoslad at gmail.com>, pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Sent: Monday, 27 January, 2014 8:52:11 AM
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] Several issues with gluster as storage.

El 27/01/14 14:38, Leslie-Alexandre DENIS escribió:

Hello Angel,

Did you figure it out why you had timeout problem ?

Yes, I did. The main problem was the underlying filesystem. I do not know why, but XFS does not thin provision the space of the hard disk when create the virtual machine. Then proxmox times out at 30 seconds, or so. Because it should be matter of one or two seconds.

Changing it to ext4 solved the main problem.

Another issue, even with ext4, was the timing when in the gluster cluster (2 nodes), there were one node down. There is a bug on gfapi that times out the proxmox cluster when trying to start a VM on that gluster storage.

While gluster developers fix that bug. I lowered the value on /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syn_retries from 5 to 3 to reduce the time necessary to start the VM and now everything works,

Regards

Regards,