[PVE-User] Several issues with gluster as storage.

Angel Docampo adocampo at dltec.net
Mon Jan 27 15:52:11 CET 2014

El 27/01/14 14:38, Leslie-Alexandre DENIS escribió:
> Hello Angel,
>
> Did you figure it out why you had timeout problem ?
Yes, I did. The main problem was the underlying filesystem. I do not
know why, but XFS does not thin provision the space of the hard disk
when create the virtual machine. Then proxmox times out at 30 seconds,
or so. Because it should be matter of one or two seconds.

Changing it to ext4 solved the main problem.

Another issue, even with ext4, was the timing when in the gluster
cluster (2 nodes), there were one node down. There is a bug on gfapi
that times out the proxmox cluster when trying to start a VM on that
gluster storage.

While gluster developers fix that bug. I lowered the value on
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syn_retries from 5 to 3 to reduce the time
necessary to start the VM and now everything works,

> Regards
Regards,

--

*Angel Docampo