[PVE-User] Windows7, memory ballooning, ksm, weird memory consumption

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:39:02 CET 2014

Hi,

Yes, under windows the latest memory ballooning installed and for first sight, it seems it is working.

As you can see, the total memory is ~32GB, windows has 22GB (max., allocated). Zfs ARC limited to 2GB, calculating with memory fragmentation and spl issues, it could grow to 4GB in time.

So, if KSM working as you described, it should be normal.

Only annoyance for me the KSM reported 8GB while the unfreed used RAM by windows is 22GB.

Thanks for the explanation.

Bye,

István