[PVE-User] quick urgent question re vlans in proxmox

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:25:08 CET 2014

We run all our windows dev, test and production servers on our proxmox
servers, weekly onsite DR backups and monthly offsite DR backups.

And we just got hammered with a root kit virus that is proving extremely
difficult to remove.

I'm proposing that we restore one by one from last month DR backups to a vlan
tag of 1, check thats its clear, then change it to a vlan tag of 2.

As you may have guessed, I'm a complete novice when it comes to stuff like
vlans.

- Is it sufficient to just set the vlan for a VM via the proxmox network
device gui?

- will that isolate it from the main (infected) network?

- can I keep the same subnet? (192.168.5.0)

- Will the VM's be able to access the outside internet?

Thanks,

--
Lindsay