[PVE-User] Supported configuration question

Marco Gabriel - inett GmbH mgabriel at inett.de
Mon Sep 16 17:41:21 CEST 2013

> Little point, raid cards are superior, more reliable and faster and cheap.

And if they die, there is nothing you can do but trying to get exactly the same controller again. Hardware fails and it's just a matter of time.

Software RAID may be not everyones darling, but it is reliable. The performance heavily depends on your setup (and it's not a good choice if you need many IOPS).

And by the way: I really like LSI and some other RAID hardware manufacturers, but what I even more like is having a choice. ;-)

Marco