[PVE-User] PVE upgrade to 3.0 fails

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Wed Oct 2 11:13:00 CEST 2013

Hi Guy,

Le 02/10/2013 09:42, Guy a écrit :
> I'm just attempting to upgrade my pve 2.6 to 3
>
> I downloaded and run "pve-upgrade-2.3-to-3.0"
>
> it starts to download lots of files as I've seen it do it before on other systems..however this time it dies here:
>
> Errhttps://enterprise.proxmox.com  wheezy/pve-enterprise amd64 Packages
>    The requested URL returned error: 401
> Ignhttps://enterprise.proxmox.com  wheezy/pve-enterprise Translation-en
> W: Failed to fetchhttps://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/dists/wheezy/pve-enterprise/binary-amd64/Packages   The requested URL returned error: 401
>
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
> update package list failed

I think the upgrade failure is due to the new, in promox-ve 3.1,
pve-enterprise repository, which requires a subscription. See :
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/15717-Proxmox-VE-3-1-released!

Without subscription you have only access to the pve-no-subsciption
repository, and I suppose the upgrade script was not updated to reflect
this change. I suppose you don't have a valid (at least community)
subscription ?

Alain