[PVE-User] Backups to external USB Drives

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Wed Nov 20 15:52:16 CET 2013

Le 20/11/2013 00:45, Lindsay Mathieson a écrit :

[...]

> Another question - if I have a cluster setup with two nodes (Node1,
> Node2), can Node1 backup a VM running on node2 onto local storage on
> Node1?
>
> thanks,

Of course you can.
It's the eaysiest way to have a minimum of availability with two nodes.

Just share a directoey via NFS (/etc/exports) on each node, say :
/save on node1
/save on node2

Declare these storage as a NFS shared storage in Proxmox.
save1 as node1:/save
save2 as node2:/save

And create backups on node1 to storage save2, on node2 to storage save1.