[PVE-User] USB Boot Drive

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Tue Nov 19 17:48:17 CET 2013

On 11/19/2013 10:37 AM, Matthew W. Ross wrote:
> What kind of problems?

I don't think the marriage between USB and LVM was meant to be, and one
of the systems went unresponsive twice.

It could have just been the USB bus on these particular units.  After
all, the reason why I tried doing a USB-root on these units was because
the integrated RAID controller on these units was a piece of crap.

While the USB venture was a good proof of concept, the larger issue was
solved by rolling my own Proxmox installer image that supported software
RAID.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\