[PVE-User] Proxmox NFS issue

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:20:53 CET 2013

> Probably you need to check KVM in various way: use linux on it, virtio
> etc. Check as many combination as you can.
>
> Lets say if "compression , Atime, ashift , dedup etc" all creating problem
> in VM then why they are not causing the same problem when copy from proxmox
> to OmniOS  or OmniOS to proxmox?
>
> You just narrow your problem to the VM, you are on your way :)
>
> Thanks for the input, i think qcow with write back on virtio on Windows
server 2008 is showing me some positive results.
still need to test 2003 server, Win7 and win8 .... long way to test :(
but happy with results, though some minor gliches are there but i
sucessfully copy 14GB data with 100 to 180mbps. it is not that good but
better from my last experience.

now testing by connecting the storage directly to the server to avoid the
latency issue.