[PVE-User] Proxmox NFS issue

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Wed Nov 6 18:31:10 CET 2013

Le 06/11/2013 16:05, Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
> i am facing slow read and write on our new NAS.
[...]
> when i am inside the VM and trying to copy "to" network or "from"
> network i see very slow traffic. specifically talking about inside VM.

Why do you think you have a problem with your storage ? You're doing
network.

[...]
> here is some copy test on terminal from the nfs mount point
>
> root at bull:/nfscom/images/1009# rsync --progress vm-1009-disk-1.raw /
> vm-1009-disk-1.raw
>    824311808   7%   70.00MB/s    0:02:18
>
> (you can see i am coping 10GB file from NFS mount to "/" this is the
> same VM image which is showing problem in the attached graphics)
>
> now copying same VM from "/" to same NFS mount point.
>
> root at bull:/nfscom/images# rsync --progress /vm-1009-disk-1.raw
> /nfscom/images/
> vm-1009-disk-1.raw
>    607682560   5%   63.71MB/s    0:02:35
> you can see my read and writes are working-great from the console but
> when it come to VM i am facing issues inside VM.

Here you're showing that you don't have a problem with your storage.
To be really sure, can you do local disk I/O test inside your VM ?

When you test network traffic in your VM, from or to network as you say,
What are you exactly doing ?
Do you transfer with your NAS or with another machine ?

I hope you use virtio drivers, for storage and for network, inside your VM ?