[PVE-User] migration vmware to proxmox

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Tue Mar 26 16:57:44 CET 2013

Hello to all,

today I tried to do p2v migration and the second method was over vmware
(clonezilla couldn't help)

so the first step was to use vmware converter and I sucesfully
virtualized PM to vmware and played it in vmware player wothout any issues.
PM was 2003 x64 R2 server with dc role.

then I ran qemu-img and converted vmdk into qcow2 also w/o any issues

Finally I created vm with this qcow2 disk and it started to boot:
1. windows is starting up went well
2. preparing network connections is still actual and lasts for 25 mins
allready  and CPU% is constantly over 100%  ( 101, 102, 103 %...)

Is it drivers issue or active-directory issue ?

Safemode boot went OK also ....

So please for info is there any hope for this VM to boot OK or this?s
allready been blind street ?

Thank you very much in advance and
/
/