[PVE-User] backup compression

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Thu Mar 14 14:35:00 CET 2013

Hello to all PVE Users

I'm testing 2.3 rel and especially backup
so I noticed two things:

VM is on the LVM

- stopped machine
1. selecting lzo(fast) compression I got the archive size excatly the
same as data quantity on the hdd
2. selecting gzip I got the same but more the 2 times slower backup

- running machine (selecting snapshot)
3. backup becomes 4-5 times slower ...  and the running VM slowes down
too ...

It seems like there is no compression at all

It's impossible that 35G partition with 25G of data cannot be compressed
at all ...

Is there any other switch that I can turn on in order to get compression ?

Please for the hint if possible ?

thank you very much in advance and

/
/
/srdačan pozdrav / best regards/

Tonči Stipičević
/direktor / manager/**
**

d.o.o.
ltd.

*podrška / upravljanje
**IT*/ sustavima za male i srednje tvrtke/

/Small & Medium Business
/*IT*//*support / management*

Badalićeva 27 / 10000 Zagreb / Hrvatska – Croatia
url: www.suma-informatika.hr
mob: +385 91 1234003
fax: +385 1  5560007