[PVE-User] Unreliable

Fábio Rabelo fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br
Wed Mar 13 15:26:08 CET 2013

OK, ruling out Proxmox .

My system just stop again, in this time, the Storage ( witch is Nas4Free )
crashed, and the only way to reboot was a hard reset .

BUT ( and it is the first time that happens in my tests ) this time the
nodes did not crashed, I not even have to restart any daemon, after the
storage reboot and become again on line all 5 nodes returned to work
perfectly, even migrate VMs !

In all previous time it happened, I have, at list, to restart the pve
daemon to make nodes work again, most of it I have to reboot all nodes .

The big difference ?

I installed the debian kernel present on the backports repository (
3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 ) !!

I will keep this kernel for now, I do not use OpenVZ, for me it seems more
reliable ...

Big time unpredicted work now, install some OpenSolaris based Storage ...

Fábio Rabelo