[PVE-User] Unreliable

Fábio Rabelo fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br
Tue Mar 12 19:48:01 CET 2013

2013/3/12 Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com>

> >> In one PCIe Slot there are an Intel 10 GB card, to talk with a
> Supermicro 10 GB switcher, exclusive to communication between the five
> nodes and the Storage .
>
> What is the intel model card ?  do you use mtu 9000 ?

Not yet, doing now .
I did not saw that in any documentation, why ?
This is the output of lspci -v

03:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82598EB 10-Gigabit AF Dual
Port Network Connection (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation 10-Gigabit XF SR Dual Port Server
Adapter
        Memory at dff20000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        Memory at dff40000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        I/O ports at e400 [size=32]
        Memory at dff1c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [60] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=18 Masked-
        Capabilities: [a0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-1b-21-ff-ff-d9-39-5e
        Kernel driver in use: ixgbe

> >>pvestatd[2804]: WARNING: storage 'iudice01' is not online
>
> What storage protocol do you use ? nfs/iscsi/lvm ?
> if nfs, what is your mounts options ?

Sorry, I forget to say it, is is nfs , the config were made within web
interface in the very first attempt .
This is the content of storage.conf :

dir: local
    path /var/lib/vz
    content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir
    maxfiles 0

nfs: Backups
    path /mnt/pve/Backups
    server 192.168.100.20
    export /iudice01/backup
    options vers=3
    content images,backup
    maxfiles 1

nfs: Imagens
    path /mnt/pve/Imagens
    server 192.168.100.20
    export /iudice01/images
    options vers=3
    content images,iso
    maxfiles 1

> >>After that, if I try to restart the pve daemon, it refuses to .
> >>If I try to reboot the server, it stops when the PVE daemon should
> stops, and stays there forever .
> >>
> >>The only way to reboot any of the nodes is a hard reset !
>
> It's possible that a access to the storage is hanging (stats, vm volume
> info,...).
> Normally a check is done to avoid that. (this is the "not online" message
> you see).

The Storage are OK, I can access its web interface, view logs, and etc ...
nothing wrong in there .

> The check are :
>
> for nfs::
> /usr/bin/rpcinfo -p nfsipserver  with a timeout of 2sec
>
> for iscsi:
>
> ping iscsiserverip tcp port 3260 with a timeout of 2sec.
>

> So maybe the timeout is too low in proxmox code, when your san is under
> load.
>

> Also, do you have vms hang ? or is it only pvedaemon/manager ?

No, VMs do not hang, unless I try to restart pvedaemon, them all VMs in
that node hangs ...
But I can not migrate any VM, each node do not talk with each other ...

Fábio Rabelo