[PVE-User] Console issue with reverse proxy.

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:51:29 CEST 2013

On 06/05/2013 06:33 AM, Julien Groselle wrote:

> Just one point failed :
> The web browser send a request to our proxy which redirect us on a
> proxmox node. And if I open a VM Console, proxmox send the request to
> the proxy and not to my web browser.
>
> I imagine this is not the common use, but if someone have tried this
> solution or have an idea to solve my problem, I will win lot of time ! ;-)

Julien,

You omit a lot of the details of your particular situation - what
clients are you using? what is your proxy server (squid?)?  With regard
to the network topology, do you have the ability to connect directly to
the Proxmox servers? Do you have administrative control on the proxy?
Are you working on a Windows box where you have administrative rights or
where the proxy is part of site-wide active directory policy?

The simplest solution would be to add exceptions on your local
client/browser configuration for the proxy, bypassing the proxy for the
Proxmox IP addresses (would you really need to load balance access to
the Proxmox interface?  Is there THAT much traffic to the head end that
it needs to be load balanced?).

If you don't have the ability to connect directly to the proxmox head
end, then you'll need to configure the proxy to additionally manage the
console port.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\