[PVE-User] WG: HPSA kernel bug

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalitnord.com
Thu Mar 1 10:27:37 CET 2012

Il 29/02/2012 20:59, Holger Ernst ha scritto:
> Pls do so. I installed a similar machine (DL180 G6) last weekend and would like to hear about a solution (but have not seen the problem so far).

 From my investigations so far it does not seem to be a kernel bug, but
either hardware or firmware problem.

I'll report what comes out.

Alessandro

For your reference this is the configuration.
Server is DL180 G6
Dual Xeon E5645
HP Smart Array P410/1G FBWC 2-ports Int PCIe x8 SAS Controller (v. 5.14)
8x SAS slot backplane
32GB RAM

The error after reboot given from the Drive Array is something like:
1719- Slot 1 Drive Array - A controllers failure event occurred prior to
this power-up, (Previous lockup code=0x13)