[PVE-User] Two node cluster with HA enabled

José Román Bilbao jrbcast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:14:50 CET 2012

Hi,

I previous posts on the forum someone stated that qdisk was needed in order
to enable HA on a two-node cluster. My question is that I have found a
thread (in another list) where they explain how to have fencing configured
on a two node cluster under cman:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2010-April/msg00082.html

The question is... Do we really need qdisk?. If so, I don't really
understand how does HA-CMAN-qdisk interact to make things happen. I mean,
from the previous link it seems that everything relating to managing
fencing is provided by CMAN. If so... what is the role qdisk plays here?.

Bests,

Jose.