[PVE-User] cloning KVM machine

Steve steve at timerider.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 13:42:55 CET 2012

Note* If you want to run the clone at the same time as the original, don't
forget to edit the MAC address in /etc/qemu-server/xxx file.

It can indeed be done, I do it frequently, use vzbackup to clone to a
file, then vzrestore NEWID

On Proxmox <1.9 I can confirm this works

vzdump --stop --compress --storage backup $ID$
qmrestore $filename$ $NEWID$

.. then edit /etc/qemu-server/NEWID file changing the MAC before starting
the cloned machine :)

Steve
http://radio.aynsley.biz