[PVE-User] Manual failover in two node cluster with DRBD

Maciej Sawicki viroos.pl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:58:47 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 17:33, Giuliano Natali <diaolin at diaolin.com> wrote:

> Maciej Sawicki wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like co crate simple proxmox 2 cluster, but I would prefer manual
> > recover in case of failover. I managed to configure 2 nodes proxmox
> > cluster
> > with DRBD and test live migration. But I wonder if it's possible to
> > recreate machine on 2 node when node one fails.
>
> esport via nfs the /backup directory and mount it on /remotebackup
> on the other machine (the same on each machine)
> and save the vzdump on it...
>
> Then restore what you need on the survived machine

Hi Diaolin,
Thanks a lot for answer. I still have few questions.
1. If I understand your answer correctly, I have to setup backup
before failure. Is it possible to recovery machine from drbd instead? Is
there any tutorial for this?
2. Is it possible to configure backup to use DRBD instead of nfs? Do I need
distributed file system for it? I created 2nd lvg on DRDB resource and
added it to proxmox storage but it's not available for backup in console.

regards,
Maciej Sawicki