[PVE-User] Migrating from External iSCSI to internal disks

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Mon Feb 13 10:06:01 CET 2012

As always, there ARE other ways.
You can use dd to copy the content of... Well thats the point: Of what?
Do you habe qcow files or do you have raw partitions in use? How do you
wamt to store internally?
Of cause you can go manually, copy via dd and then edit the config file
in /etc/qemu-server in an appropriate way.
But gathering all the info and editing by hand with questionable result
will not be quicker than backup/restore (a backup should be allways
done).  Doing it by hand gives another experience anyway...;-)

Best regards, Holger

Yeah, I thought that would be the route to go. I was hoping there was a
quick way to move to another volume on the internal drives and then
register the vm to it without having to backup, compress, and restore.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciated.
David