[PVE-User] Migrating from External iSCSI to internal disks

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Sat Feb 11 17:02:06 CET 2012

Best is to backup and restore:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_-_Restore_-_Live_Migration

For restore use parameter --storage as mentioned

Regards, holger

##################
Hi everyone,

I have a 2 node setup as follows:

Proxmox - version 1.9
2 server with 2 X 500GB Internal drives
2 Servers with external iSCSI mounted drives.

I would like to be able to take the VM's running on the ISCSI devices
and copy them to the internal drives so I can wipeout and re-configure
my iSCSI volumes.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to migrate /
move the existing VM's from the external storage to the internal storage
and have them registered within the proxmox web interface?

Thank you,