[PVE-User] openvswitch and kvm and proxmox

Steven Anderson hikenboot at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 22:18:17 CET 2012

The following is a design of the virtual network i am setting up to test out a configuration that is good for 5 nines of uptime. (Yes I know its all on the same host..THIS is a test)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zkmyZ2uklhxVl5w4C3zKnfD79J49jjl-mlTOxZHvJaY/edit
I would like to use openvswitch to create the switches (not bridges) even better layer 3 switches.
>From what I read this appears possible but I have found no documentation on setting this up for proxmox. Even worse the debian packages although they install don't appear with a complete configuration.
I am looking for good directions on installing it and getting it running on a Debian host with a Proxmox-2.0 setup and a 2.6.32-6-pve kernel.
Ideally I would like to be able to have those replicating my setup to be able to do it through a GUI..but I know that's a tall order.
Anyone able to help in this achieve this goal. I will be sharing the results of this setup and your help on my blog, giving anyone who helps credit for their help
(mentioning their name if they wish)
Regards,
Steven Andersonwanfuse.blogspot.com