[PVE-User] Security Support for Debian 5.0 terminated ~ Proxmox 2.0 ETA?

Giovanni Toraldo gt at libersoft.it
Fri Feb 10 10:59:33 CET 2012

Hi Martin,

2012/2/10 Martin Maurer <martin at proxmox.com>:
> Proxmox VE 1.9 is the stable and supported platform. For 2.0, see our roadmap on the wiki pages.

sure, but Proxmox rely on Debian-supplied system components (like
Apache, PERL and every other system library) that will no more receive
security updates from the Debian team
(http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120209), so it isn't a full
supported platform ;)

What I was asking for, is if there are available any news on the
possible Proxmox 2.0 release, so we can plan to stick with 1.x and be
aware of the problems that can lead to, or plan a migration to another
virtualization platform.

Thanks.

--
Giovanni Toraldo - LiberSoft