[PVE-User] win2000 sp4 guest does not start with kvm enabled option?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Fri Dec 28 09:44:09 CET 2012

See http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE#Windows_systems_specific_P2V_issues

Best Regards,

Martin Maurer

martin at proxmox.com<mailto:martin at proxmox.com>
http://www.proxmox.com

From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Yannis Milios
Sent: Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2012 16:45
To: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Subject: [PVE-User] win2000 sp4 guest does not start with kvm enabled option?

Hi all,

I have a standalone machine with proxmox 2.2 installed for testing purposes.
I tried to p2v 3 win2000 servers which I have in production successfully by using the steps on the wiki.
Although I have the following strange behavior:

All 3 guest machines stop loading at the first splash screen which says: Windows 2000 Starting up...
They don't give any BSOD, just stay there forever.
If I disable the KVM option from web interface and start the guests again they load normally but very slowly though.

Is this the expected behavior with windows 2000? Tried also disabling acpi with no results...
I have to mention that I don't have this problem with XP or Win2003 guests.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you