[PVE-User] Snapshot with vzdump including RAM.

Jean Weisbuch jean at phpnet.org
Fri Dec 7 16:03:07 CET 2012

Le 07/12/2012 15:09, "[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" a écrit :
> I believe that the snapshot mode of the vzdump command is useless if
> it is not possible to include the RAM into the dump because if we
> restore the virtual machine from this dump without the RAM, the
> restored virtual machine will be in inconsistent status.
> I'm I right?
It's not useless, it would be the same as if the server had a hard reset
at the moment of the snapshot (electric shortage for example) so datas
will be consistent but daemons might not like it (database server might
have to do a crash recovery at start for example but its usually not a
problem as files wont be corrupted at FS level).