[PVE-User] Number of backups only configurable per storage?

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Thu Dec 6 23:02:30 CET 2012

I've finally upgraded my two production servers to 2.2. One thing I didn't
notice on my 2.2 test setup is that the number of backups is now a property
of the storage -- you can't set it separately for each backup schedule as
in 1.9. Is that correct?

It's a serious limitation here because we'd like to do daily backups of VMs
with fast-changing data (the bug tracker and the wiki, for example) and
keep a week of backups, while larger but less dynamic VMs are backed up
fully only once a week -- we keep two or three snapshots and we do daily
file-level backups of configuration data and such.

I see that vzdump still has the -maxfiles option however. Is there a way to
set it from the web GUI? I can of course write my own crontabs or just
restore the ones from before the upgrade and tweak them, but I'd prefer to
see all my backup schedules from the GUI.

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi

-- Henry Spencer