[PVE-User] Can I change default port from 8006 to 443?

Matthew Caron Matt.Caron at sixnet.com
Wed Oct 5 18:58:28 CEST 2011

On 10/05/2011 12:54 PM, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> 	If you have a better solution, provide an alternative, instead of
> deliberating on a way of achieving Dietmar's goal.

Already did - copied from previous email:
===
You should be able to do that:

echo "Listen 443" > pve-on-port-443.conf
sudo mv pve-on-port-443.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/
sudo a2ensite pve-on-port-443.conf
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload

Looking at /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, the only difference between the
ports.conf include and the sites-enabled lines is that the LogFormat
lines and conf.d is after ports.conf and before apache2.conf...
===

> P.S. To avoid a flame, I will remind us old Unix/Perl sentence: "There's
> more than one way to do it!"

I will remind us of Scotty, from Star Trek III - "The more you overtake
the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". Or, put another
way "be as complicated as it needs to be, but no more". If there is no
need for VHosts, why use them?

--
Matthew Caron
Build Engineer