[PVE-User] VMs shut down instead of reboot

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Sat Mar 26 20:55:14 CET 2011

Le 26/03/2011 18:22, Neil Aggarwal a écrit :
> Hello all:
>
> When I do a reboot from a VM, it does not start
> even though I have the start at boot flag checked.
>
> Any idea what is going wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Neil
>

> --
> Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
> Virtual private server with CentOS 5.5 preinstalled
> Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges

Hi Neil,

'start at boot' flag means that when your physical server boot, your VMs
will be started also. It has nothing to do with reboot inside a VM.

It sometimes happen with windows VM and certain drivers. What kind of VM
do you have (windows, linux ...) and is it KVM or openvz ? What do you
use as drivers (virtio, something else...).

Alain