[PVE-User] problem in partition size

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:23:58 CEST 2011

i have successfully migrated few machines from VMWARE to Proxmox, in VMware
i have selected a 100 GB HD as VMware increase its file size according to
the increase in data of the VM so there was no problem with the size on
VMWARE. as per my understanding with Proxmox, it does not provide this type
of incremental support in  HD. so i have to create 100 GB   Harddisk for
restore the image which is only 10GB of DATA and 90 GB is free. now i want
to shrink the size of Proxmox Harddrives because taking backup of the VMs of
that huge amount of data is a big pain. kindly help me with this regard and
suggest a solution. i already try resizing partition technique in GPARTED
which didn't help.

Thank you,

MYK