[PVE-User] OpenVZ containers on separate LVM's

Michał Szamocki mszamocki at cirrus.pl
Mon Feb 28 22:03:00 CET 2011

About year ago I was writing about extending Proxmox with creating separate LVM for each OpenVZ container. My experience with this configuration is now quite good but I had to write some wrappers for vzctl, vzdump and vzrestore and tweak PVE/ConfigServer.pm.

My firm is very interested in extending Proxmox with such feature cause we are rebuilding our cluster. Our current concern is choosing LVM VG before creating new container in Proxmox management panel. Is possible to get your and community support for this extension? Maybe you can add it in Proxmox 2.0?

--
Michał Szamocki
Network Administrator