[PVE-User] Problems with 1.8

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Tue Apr 5 15:06:45 CEST 2011

Hi Michael, Hi Giovanni,

There is something I don't understand in your answers. I myself don't
use fiber channel SAN (only iSCSI) and I don't know them well, but I
think the SAN should be seen inside your host as a physical device,
something like /dev/sdb.

I don't understand why you had to boot on a lenny rescue CD to add your
LVM volume groups. In my opinion, if the storage is configured
(recognized) on the host, from the Proxmox web interface, all you have
to do is to add an LVM group on this storage.

The difference with iSCSI is that you don't have  a tool built inside
the web interface to add Fiber Channel target. So I think you have to do
it manually inside your host...

Perhaps this thread on the forum can give some hints ?
http://forum.proxmox.com/archive/index.php/t-5186.html?s=3553954f01702c4378597ad8a56ff58f

Alain

Le 05/04/2011 13:00, Gusek, Michael a écrit :
> Ah ok i understand. At the moment, I don't have a running virtual machine, so I can't change a kernel inside the VM. How can I reset my host storage configuration ? Deleting and (re)adding my volume groups on the web page?
>
> Michael

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33