[PVE-User] BUG: VM fails to start with no error message if ISO image not found

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Tue Feb 16 15:19:24 CET 2010

Martin Maurer wrote:
>> I was trying to start a VM, but it wouldn't start and there was no
>> meaningful error message anywhere: not in the web UI, not in the Logs
>> page, not in the system logs. [...]
> This is no bug, its behavior by design. The error message is already displayed on the admin GUI, see Administration/Logs/Tasks (see attached screenshot)
>
> We think of placing these logs somewhere else (better visible), you are not the first one didn´t get this.

Or at least, add a message "see the Tasks page for more details".

I'd definitely like to see these messages below the status pane (where
the "Start" button is) or have the admin GUI switch to the Tasks page
when something goes wrong after I click "Start".

Apart from that, thanks for your quick answer!

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi