[PVE-User] [OpenVZ, network] clarification of adding another network interface

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Wed Sep 23 11:59:51 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I wanted to add next venet interface to my guest machine. I was looking
for such an option in network configuration of guest machine, in proxmox
web interface but could not find anything like "add new eth"...
After googling for a while, how to add/delete additional network
interfaces to guest machine (venet0:0, venet0:1) i found options like:
# vzctl set 101 --ipadd 10.0.0.1 --save
# vzctl set 101 --ipdel 10.0.0.1
and managed to add next venet interface, and it works OK. Now, after i
did this, I have noticed, that in guest net config, in the field "IP
address" there are "IP_1, IP_2". Thus now i know i could and should have
do this using web interface.
	My point is, that maybe it is worth to show examples in web interface?
In this case there could be something like:
"( Example: [1.2.3.4, 10.11.12.13, next_ip_addr] )"
below IP_addr field.
	Those examples would be much help, especially for new users.

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521

Email secured by Check Point