[PVE-User] [1.4-4305] first impressions

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Sep 16 12:06:33 CEST 2009

> 2.try to set email: root at localhost during installation. Installator
> will
> tell you this is not valid email. I had to set
> root at localhost.localdomain, this was only way for me to make it
> working.

That way you will not get any mails (they are delivered locally only). That is what we want to avoid - I consider this a feature, not a bug.

> 3.If you say all is working, than can you give me a hint how to set
> hostname, not FQDN?

Our software need a domain name -  that is why it is required.

>   -Content: Virtual Disks (no other option)
>   -test_vg created but all space is used:
> test_vg LVM Yes Yes Yes 131.47 135.47 97.05%

You use something already used! That makes no sense for me.

> Now i want to disable/delete test_vg, i get :
> "Error: command '/sbin/vgchange -aln pve' failed with exit code 5"

Because you can't delete your whole installation.

- Dietmar