[PVE-User] Kernel packages: bug and questions

rupi rupi at rantanplan.org
Mon Nov 30 16:37:27 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 04:13:39PM +0100, Martin Maurer wrote:
> Long story, short answer: if our default kernel misses any storage driver you need just ask us if we can integrate the missing one in the default kernel or just compile it by yourself.
> This is the advantage of running an open source solution. Isn´t this enough for you - you have the freedom to run whatever you want? What do I miss?
>
> Br, martin

you miss nothing. I just never thought you'll offer something like
adding/patchin storage drivers to your kernels if i miss some - 2.6 kernels
change their interfaces often enough to make this a painfull job.
Proxmox is the first project i ran into where upstream developers
offered something like that even if you tell its not a problem someone
using decent hardware is likely to need.

Thank you very much.

/r

--
 http://rantanplan.org/~rupi/ || encrypt email || use free software
 fingerprint = 9639 0ABC AD2F 155F C96C  FC78 3CFE 82C0 0AF9 AE3A