[PVE-User] PVE + MsServer2003 + MsSQLServer2008

Mark McNicholas Mark.McNicholas at aniar.ie
Wed Nov 25 11:36:06 CET 2009

Hi All

I'm new to the list and just would like to say Hello, I'm currently
trying to deploy PVE, However I'm having a very strange problem.

I have completed a fresh install of windows server 2003 standard ed and
fully updated it. When I try to install Ms Sql server 2008 it fails to
detect that the .net framework 3.5 is installed and so tried to install
it. But this fails and thus the installation of sql server fails.
Following manual reinstallation of the .net framework I still have the
same issue.

I then booted the same image file up using Qemu-kvm on a Fedora 11
installation on the same hardware and SQL server 2008 installed first
time with no issue.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

The proxmox version was 1.4 just downloaded from the site the 2 days
ago.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Mark