[PVE-User] Unable to port forward to containers from external IPs (but can access containers from the Host Node)

ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com
Thu May 21 17:55:46 CEST 2009

Thanks, Jelle.  I was unfamiliar with RFC 3330.  I only knew about RFC
1918.

Does anyone know if ProxMox is designed to use this IP or if it is unique to my
hosting provider's implementation of ProxMox?

 On Thu 05/21/09  6:25 AM , Jelle Herold  sent:

 > I cannot help you with your network problem, but regarding
192.0.2.1

 > On May 20, 2009, at 09:38, ano-
 > 639d60e3 at enterto.com [1] wrote:
 > > ip route show on containers
 > > 192.0.2.1 dev venet0 scope link
 > > default via 192.0.2.1 dev venet0
 > >
 > > Does anyone know why 192.0.2.1 was selected for the
 > venet0 IP?  > ProxMox refers to
 > > it as a fake IP in their scripts but it appears to be a
 > public,  > routable IP. It
 > > is definitely not one of my IPs. I can't find much
 > info. about it  > when I do a
 > > whois but it appears to be a USA IP.
 >

 > Maybe I understand you incorrectly, but see "Special-Use IPv4
 > Addresses"http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3330.txt?number=3330
 >
 > 192.0.2.0/24 - This block is assigned as "TEST-NET" for use in
 > documentation and example code.  It is often used in conjunction
 > with
 > domain names example.com or example.net in vendor and protocol
 > documentation.  Addresses within this block should not appear on
the
 > public Internet.
 >

 > Feeling lonely?
 >
 > Broke up with your ex? Find someone new to break up with. Click
the link
 > below.
 > http://offer.enterto.com/308/
 >
 > Click below to DELETE/EDIT pve-
 > user at pve.proxmox.com [2] CHANNELhttp://channels.enterto.com/317318

Links:
------
[1]
http://webmx1.enterto.com/javascript:top.opencompose(\'639d60e3 at enterto.com\',\'\',\'\',\'\')
[2]
http://webmx1.enterto.com/javascript:top.opencompose(\'user at pve.proxmox.com\',\'\',\'\',\'\')

They can't spam you, if they can't find you.
Get the first REAL spam free email - http://mail.enterto.com/

Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent

Search Apartments by City & Price.
Real-time Listings & Availability.