[PVE-User] Unable to port forward to containers from external IPs (but can access containers from the Host Node)

Jelle Herold jelle at defekt.nl
Thu May 21 13:25:17 CEST 2009

I cannot help you with your network problem, but regarding 192.0.2.1

On May 20, 2009, at 09:38, ano-639d60e3 at enterto.com wrote:

> ip route show on containers
> 192.0.2.1 dev venet0 scope link
> default via 192.0.2.1 dev venet0
>
> Does anyone know why 192.0.2.1 was selected for the venet0 IP?
> ProxMox refers to
> it as a fake IP in their scripts but it appears to be a public,
> routable IP. It
> is definitely not one of my IPs. I can't find much info. about it
> when I do a
> whois but it appears to be a USA IP.

Maybe I understand you incorrectly, but see "Special-Use IPv4 Addresses"
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3330.txt?number=3330

192.0.2.0/24 - This block is assigned as "TEST-NET" for use in
    documentation and example code.  It is often used in conjunction
with
    domain names example.com or example.net in vendor and protocol
    documentation.  Addresses within this block should not appear on the
    public Internet.