[PVE-User] How to install Proxmox without CD ?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed May 6 12:55:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

first, pls do not double post (forum and list). But ok, you do not got an answer so I understand it.

we (proxmox) do not support this way of installation currently. Some user already played with alternative installations, just search the forums.

Beginning with Proxmox VE 1.2 (based on Lenny, available soon), we will maintain a howto for installing Proxmox VE on an existing Debian Lenny (but this is also not the supported way but we describe it) - I assume this will help here.

BTW: the datacenter guys can also just install the ISO for you.

Best Regards,

Martin Maurer

martin at proxmox.com
http://www.proxmox.com