[PVE-User] KVM instance spontaneously shut down

Erik Gulliksson erik.gulliksson at diino.net
Thu Mar 19 12:16:18 CET 2009

> It may help if you always use 32bit os's inside KVM. I've also had
> weird things happening during stress tests with 64bit machines in KVM.
>
> Besides, I think the Proxmox team also suggests to always use 32Bit
> if at all possible.

Ok, we'll consider this if the problem persists after changing from
virtio to e1000 network driver. The machine we had problems with was
setup just a few days ago, so I'll give it another week or so to see
if the problem has gone away.

> But I like a challenge, so could you send or post the full logs
> somewhere?

Thanks for your kindness, Mark. However in this case we really don't
have much to analyze in the logs. There's simply no trace in
dmesg/syslog/messages/pveadm of why the machine stopped.

Br / Erik

Erik Gulliksson, erik.gulliksson at diino.net
System Administrator, Diino AB
http://www.diino.com