[PVE-User] KVM instance spontaneously shut down

Mark Maas mark at maas-martin.nl
Thu Mar 19 11:42:35 CET 2009

Erik Gulliksson wrote:
>> Some people reported issues with virtio network in some situations - try using e1000 as network card.
>> What guest OS (and Kernel) do you run?
>>
> This KVM instance is Debian Lenny with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel. Will try
> switching to e1000 driver.

It may help if you always use 32bit os's inside KVM. I've also had
weird things happening during stress tests with 64bit machines in KVM.

Besides, I think the Proxmox team also suggests to always use 32Bit
if at all possible.

But I like a challenge, so could you send or post the full logs
somewhere?

Mark