[PVE-User] FW: Re: Stability problems in PVE 1.1?

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 21:27:57 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Conrad Maayen <conrad at maayen.nl> wrote:

> Same here, using Proxmox in produxion on Dell, HP Proliant and for a few
> months on Acer Altos,
>
> no issues at all.
>

> Our company, 200 users, used to use Redhat and Centos in the passed, but at
> the moment we more and more use Debian
>
> on our servers and i do not understand why you think it is not Ent. ready.
> I have a lot more faith in Debian than Centos,
>
> but i think it is more a personal matter. I think it's not fair to blame an
> OS if the problem is maybe more you're own knowledge.
>

> Why do you think that projects like eg. Vyatta choose Debian?
>
> I have used Xen for a about a year, but so far Proxmox (openvz and kvm)
> is very competitve.
>

> Conrad

Debian not enterprise ready?
are you joking?

Been using debian in several Dell, HP, Sun servers running for years
The only difference I see between Debian and Red Hat it's the paid support.
Although I have nothing against Red hat, it's great also.
PVE runs smoothly on a couple Dell 1950's also without any issue.

As someone stated before try using only one virtual processor using KVM.

Cheers.

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente
servidas"