[PVE-User] Proxmox + open-iscsi + multipath

Carlos Acedo carlos at pangea.org
Thu Feb 5 14:26:54 CET 2009

Hello,

We also have a Dell MD3000i SAN and we are trying to use multipath as
well. In order to use multipath with this SAN, you need the dm_drac (or
similar name), this module is not shipped with debian etch's MP so you
will have to backport it from lenny.

Now, multipath -ll shows the iscsi devices ready, and it creates
/dev/mapper/mpath0, but is not usable, anyway, I remember having similar
problems with a debian lenny, so I will have to investigate further more.

In order to use a shared storage I have to create
/etc/vz/conf/<cid>.mount with the mount command, but when I migrate the
vm to another node, according to the first node, the shared storage is
still mounted, is there anything like <cid>.umount to handle this? where
can I find doc abut this matter?

Regards.