[PVE-User] Please release your LXC PVE prototype to the public

Constantin-Marius Moisescu cmmoisescu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:59:02 CET 2009

Hello,

First, a big Thank You for PVE. I've been running both OpenVZ (for over two and a half years) and PVE (for over a year now) in production, with almost zero downtime.

You mentioned in a couple of places (forums, online interview, etc) that you already have an LXC prototype of PVE.

Even though it may only be a prototype, and far from being production ready, I think it would be a good idea if you released it to the public, clearly marked as a prototype/alpha release, etc (48 point flashing bright red all caps are welcome), just the same way you release PVE beta versions.

Although I'm only speaking for myself, I'm sure other users of OpenVZ and PVE would love to experiment with an LXC-enabled version of PVE.

For those who don't know, LXC (see http://lxc.sourceforge.net/, http://lxc.sourceforge.net/lxc.html, http://lxc.teegra.net/) is the container technology actively maintained and included in the upstream Linux kernel, since 2.6.29.

Thanks, and best regards,
Marius Moisescu
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator
canoe.ca