[PVE-User] Install issue on two boxes

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:46:07 CEST 2008

Hi All,

First I would like to congratulate to PVE.
It is really impressing.

I installed it to two boxes, which are based on Gigabyte mobos.
These boxes are test machines.

I found a problem with the installation:
after the installation progress bar reaches the 100%, the Next (Finish
or similar, I do not remember the label of the button on the
bottom-right corner) button still inactivated and the system does not
response to the keyboard (SHIFT+CTRL+F1). After I reset the system, it
boots up correctly.

One time I expected that, the installation stopped around 15-25% and
nothing happened (on the same machine).

I tried the installation procedure several times, the inactive button
always happened.

I hope this helps you. Somehow :)

Anyway, I know, Gigabyte not really good (I realized it some days after
I bought them, but I needed them urgently and there was no Asus at that
time).

So, changing the mobo is a trivial way, but I will not change them
(yet) :

Cheers,
István

--