[PVE-User] PVE on Dell PE T105

ijez ijez76 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:41:42 CEST 2008

Hi Laurent,

I don't think that was the problems, after running in debug mode suggest by Dietmar, my first impression that, this server's DVD ( SATA one detect as /dev/sr0 ) was too picky with the installations media ( I have 2 T105 server, and both have the same error or unless the installations wasn't support using SATA DVD / CD? ), by running /sbin/unconfigure.sh manually, i can get the IP from DHCP server, so the NIC was out of questions here, but the installations abort with the error "Bus Error" on line 105 in /sbin/unconfigure.sh which point to the command "xinit -- -dpi 96 ..", i guest it fail to run the installations GUI. Running manually, xinit -- -dpi 96 also give the same "Bus Error" messages.

Futher more, i running dmesg, i found that a lot of error related to media sector unreadable ( burning the PVE iso into the new CD also won't give any help ). The interesting part is, i took this installations media and boot into another PC and it install all the way without any problems. Now i trying to download another iso just to isolate the installations media issue.

I'll update this thread if i found anything useful for others.

Thanks and Regards,