[PVE-User] 0.9beta2 minor problems

Csillag Tamas cstamas at digitus.itk.ppke.hu
Wed Jul 23 08:48:03 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 01:04:47PM +0200, Martin Maurer wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> We just released Proxmox VE 0.9beta2, we encourage everybody to
> update to the new version.

I am using PVE on a debian server, installed with the debian installer
not with Proxmox's install media. I added Proxmox's apt repos right
after the install. Here I report a few problems I came accross.

I always prefered grub on debian. All debian packages depends on lilo
or grub. PVE only depends on lilo.

pve-kernel-2.6.24 has vmlinux-2.6.24 instead of vmlinuz-2.6.24 (I used
dpkg-divert --divert /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24 --rename /boot/vmlinux-2.6.24
here for help). update-grub will not pick up the new kernel if it
installs the kernel with the wrong name.

Apache does not listen on 443 by default I had to add this for the web
console to work.
If I install pve-manager apache2-mpm-worker is installed by default
but apache2-mpm-prefork is needed to work properly with
apache2-mpm-worker I got weird errors.

Regards,
  cstamas
--