[pve-devel] Building proxmox on riscv64 Debian Sid

Tianyu Chen billchenchina2001 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:11:51 CET 2023

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 12:19:39PM +0100, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
> out of interest - when you say "proxmox", you mean Proxmox VE?

Yes, I mean Proxmox VE.

> on what hardware and for what use case are you trying to port it?

We get an evb of sophgo sg2042 which has 64 riscv core, and we are able
to launch a vm from it.

https://github.com/ZenithalHourlyRate/opensbi-h from @Zenithal

> 1. our git repositories are hosted on git.proxmox.com (the Github org is just an unofficial mirror)
> 2. our repos target bullseye
> 3. as always, when a new Debian stable release is approaching we will also target that for our new stable release(s), and once we are done, publish the resulting repositories

I see.

> unless you have very little time left to wait before proceeding, you will likely have considerable less work (other than rebuilding packages for riscv64) if you wait for our bookworm-targeting branches/repos to become available.

As previous e-mail, I'm wondering when will the bookworm tree be
available?

> the corresponding repository is at https://git.proxmox.com/?p=debcargo-conf.git;a=summary (it's a fork of the Debian rust team's debcargo-conf repository with some additional crates and lots of backports for bullseye)

Gotcha.

> in the proxmox workspace you can build them in the order required by their individual build dependencies

Okay, seems porting to a new architecture doesn't have that.

> it's used for repository configuration and update querying (e.g., by pve-manager via proxmox-perl-rs).

Thanks! I'll dig into it later.

Best regards,
Tianyu Chen