[pve-devel] cluster resource scheduler question

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Nov 23 11:58:22 CET 2022

Am 23/11/2022 um 10:09 schrieb Fiona Ebner:
>> I'm not sure to understand, but the video seem to say that vm is
>> migrated to the least "loaded" node.
> yes, the video is misleading there. The static node CPU and memory
> values and the configured CPU and memory for guests will be used to
> approximate the real usage.

Not really misleading. It's the least loaded node, there's just more ways to
determine load and the current mode is for static-load (vs. dynamic runtime
load, planned for a next release).

Am 22/11/2022 um 17:43 schrieb DERUMIER, Alexandre:
> I'm not sure about the logic, but if we only look at number of total
> cpus && memory without current usage, the biggest node will always be
> choose ?

Well yes, until it's "filled" enough for other nodes to be more favorable,
a "bigger" node can host more after all.

Am 23/11/2022 um 11:18 schrieb DERUMIER, Alexandre:
> (BTW, I don't see the repo in proxmox git ?)

fixed now, thanks for the reminder