[pve-devel] RE : RE : RE : pve-devel Digest, Vol 132, Issue 53

wb webmaster at jbsky.fr
Thu May 27 00:28:11 CEST 2021

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for all these clarifications, I was able to move forward and put a V0.

https://github.com/jbsky/proxmox-saml2-auth/commit/75c9f089170aacf02370ab86bfa8c75fe0c76a6a.diff

Instead of creating a POST /access/saml endpoint, I finally reused the POST /access/ticket (thanks for your comment ;)

The important points remaining:
➢ For the login page, we need to create links to each SAML "realm" create, we should have <a href ...> links, there, there is nothing.

➢ Correctly check the saml request id in the authentication part of the SAML class from the user cookie instead of storing it directly on the server (that's what I did).
I had no problem creating a user/client side cookie (e.g. chrome), however, I have trouble retrieving it and providing it to the endpoints as a parameter.
Is it possible to pass a cookie from the client to an endpoint?
That would be much cleaner, we would be at the target of what is recommended.

➢ I created an attribute realm_proxmox on the IdP side to provide the realm to the endpoint "/access/ticket" , same as the previous point, if the client could provide it with these cookies.

I will prepare the git-mail for you tomorrow or the day after at the earliest.

Sincelery,

Julien BLAIS